The Importance Of Estate Planning
At The Soto Law Group in Newport Beach, we are a trusted source of estate planning guidance for clients throughout Orange County and across surrounding areas.
We will work with you closely to establish legal and financial plans that suit your unique needs and goals. With our experienced estate planning guidance, you can accomplish many important objectives, including:
- Protecting your family: Establishing wills, trusts and other estate planning documents allows you to set aside wealth and assets for your loved ones.
- Protecting your kids: If you have minor children, we can help you establish legal plans that assure they will always be taken care of, even if tragedy should strike and you are no longer able to care for them yourself.
- Protecting your assets: Estate planning can protect assets from unnecessary taxation, lawsuits and other liabilities.
- Providing for special needs children: We can help you provide financial assistance to a person with special needs, without causing him or her to lose eligibility to public benefits.
- Transferring real estate: Our background in real estate law allows us to handle complex real estate transfers.
- Transferring business assets: We can help you through the business succession process, protecting assets and laying the groundwork for a prosperous future.
Estate planning is easy to put off, but you can save yourself and your loved ones time, expense and worry by taking these steps sooner rather than later.
Circumstances change over time. Your estate planning documents should reflect those changes. We review our clients’ estate planning documents at least every three years to make sure changes in assets, the law or other factors have not rendered them ineffective.
“We had put off creating our wills for far too long. We knew that we should have not only considered our wills, but should really be thinking about a family trust. Basically, we didn’t know much about the process or even the situation we had put ourselves into by not attending to these matters much, much earlier.
DeDe helped us to understand the importance of creating a family trust; critical considerations and trade offs; the steps to organizing our personal financial information; and our decisions on directives. Moreover, she was understanding of our situation and made the process straightforward and practical.
It was obvious to us that DeDe takes a very real personal interest in helping her clients think about hard issues and to plan for the future. She seems to really enjoy helping people and to make them feel at ease.
The process turned out to be much less difficult than we had thought and the fees were definitely reasonable.
We absolutely recommend DeDe’s Soto Law Group for estate planning. And, take it from personal experience, you should attend to your estate planning sooner than later.” Posted by Karen and Tom
Consult With An Experienced California Attorney Today
Not only a great lawyer, but a great experience too
Posted by Alexis Fanous
June 18, 2016
Dede was highly recommended by one of my attorney colleagues. She helped us complete our family estate plan, and we were extremely pleased throughout the process. She and her paralegal work as a tight-knit team, and the result is that the process is very smooth and streamlined. Their attention to detail and organization is unsurpassed. Dede is very personable, and she puts you at ease despite having to confront what are typically difficult issues to ponder and discuss. We felt that she was eager to tailor our estate plan to our specific situation and family instead of doing a quick job by rote. It’s very apparent that she loves what she does.