When you think about how many people do their estate planning, it's easy to assume that every adult must have some sort of plan. After all, everyone has assets, even if some people have more than others. Many people have children. And, above all else, all people are going to pass away at some point. That's the human condition. It's the world we all live in. Certainly, we're all prepared, right?
Not really. Reports show that about 42% of people in the United States actually have written a will. This means that the other 58% have nothing in place. They have no plan for their heirs, no plan for their assets and no real idea what will happen to their estate when they pass away.